Preparing for YOUR Next Step
A degree in Recreation and Sport Management prepares students for a variety of careers in the recreation and sport industries. Thus, beyond the degree requirements, each student must consider the specific types of opportunities they plan to pursue upon graduation. Below are three videos to help University of Arkansas students as they begin to intentionally craft their story to positions themselves as competitive candidates for their next step in their professional journeys.
- Build YOUR Brand — Coming soon!
- Be Relevant — Coming soon!
- Build Relationships — Coming soon!
Students aspiring to work in the recreation and/or sport industries must be relevant — be informed about the issues facing our industries. Razorback Chats is an industry insights speaker series, organized and managed by graduate students in the Recreation and Sport Management degree program. It provides students an opportunity to learn from and connect with leaders in college athletics — with an emphasis on leaders in the Arkansas Razorback Athletics Department.
Episode 8 features Terry Prentice, senior associate athletic director for athlete brand development and inclusive excellence.
Episode 3 features Hunter Yurachek discussing leadership. He is U of A vice chancellor and director of athletics.
Season 1 Videos (Spring 2021)
- Episode 1 — Marketing w/Taylor McGillis (Arkansas Razorbacks)
- Episode 2 — Social Issues w/Jon Fagg (Arkansas Razorbacks)
- Episode 3 — Leadership w/Hunter Yurachek (Arkansas Razorbacks)
- Episode 4 — Finance w/Clayton Hamilton (Arkansas Razorbacks)
- Episode 5 — Legal w/Matt McCoy (Arkansas Razorbacks)
- Episode 6 — Women in Sport w/Nancy Cross (Purdue Boilermakers)
- Episode 7 — Working with Student-Athletes w/Michele Centineo (Arkansas Razorbacks)
- Episode 8 — NIL w/Terry Prentice (Arkansas Razorbacks)